Discussing The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
Major Points from this Episode:
- Habits can be helpful as long as they are good.
- Poor habits are just as easy, if not easier, to develop than good ones.
- Indulging in bad habits doesn’t seem to have an affect right away, but with the compound effect you’ve set off a trigger of actions that affect the trajectory of your life.
- Change doesn’t happen overnight. But making changes now will greatly impact you in the future.
- The power of your “why” is what helps you to continue to reach for your goal as you are working through the mundane.
- Defining your core values can keep you connected to your why and help with your motivation when dealing with the tasks that are necessary but not your passion.
- Success is something you attract by the person you become.
Determine your current core values, click here to download the free worksheet.
Get connected with your WHY – figure out why you do what you do. Check out Simon Sinek’s TEDTalk.
Write down each of these items so these stay at the forefront of your mind.
How to Support the Podcast:
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you listen to podcasts. Please like, share, and leave a review.
- If you prefer video, you can also watch and subscribe to us on YouTube. Just go to flourishacademy.tv
- If you like the content, please share with your friends by posting on social media so that we can reach and impact more people.
- If you want to purchase any of the books that we discuss, please use the link in the notes to shop on Amazon. In fact, if you shop on Amazon at all, then use our link to help support the podcast.