Major Points from this Episode:
- It’s time to get off the Hedonic Treadmill. What’s that? Check out this Wikipedia Definition.
- Our lives are continually adapting as go through life’s experiences. Our destiny will change throughout life.
- We can sometimes face an anti-climactic finish line. We expect to celebrate but don’t feel it. We think, “Is that all there is?” Disappointment will begin to set in.
- Celebrate small successes and micro wins to deal with the disappointment of reaching the top.
- Get clear on what really matters, be grateful for all you have, yet aim higher.
- Define success for yourself. Success is not the same for everyone, as each person places different values on areas of their life.
- Creating the statement “Wouldn’t it be great if…..” can help your mind focus on what you want. Aim high, be specific and own it. Don’t be afraid to put out into the world what you truly want.
- It’s easy to find the negative, so find the joy in even the little things. Happiness is a choice you get to make.
- Stop falling into the comparison trap. Progress is a process and no one has success right out of the gate. There is a difference between comparison and inspiration – be aware of the things you are saying when watching someone else’s journey.
- No one else matters. Focus on YOU!
- Write down 5-10 items that make you happy. When you are feeling down or struggling to see the positive in life, look at this list immediately. Take a picture of it on your phone so it’s always with you.
- What is success for YOU? How will you define a successful life or business?
- Stop falling into the comparison trap immediately. Start praising those around you, as it lifts you up.
- In everything you encounter, make a choice. Choose happiness.
How to Support the Podcast:
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you listen to podcasts. Please like, share, and leave a review.
- If you prefer video, you can also watch and subscribe to us on YouTube. Just go to flourishacademy.tv
- If you like the content, please share with your friends by posting on social media so that we can reach and impact more people.
- If you want to purchase any of the books that we discuss, please use the link in the notes to shop on Amazon. In fact, if you shop on Amazon at all, then use our link to help support the podcast.