Discussing Big Potential by Shawn Achor
Major Points from this Episode:
- Did you know that lightning bugs attract mates by shining together? Their philosophy is the more the merrier.
- Oversaturation doesn’t exist – it’s only an excuse people use to hold themselves back.
- Asking for help isn’t a sign of failure. Everyone needs assistance but we let our ego get in the way of asking.
- You should strive for where you fit best, as you will achieve more success in that zone.
- We all need to work as a group, we cannot be an island of one.
- Happiness is a choice and we need to leave people better than we found them.
- Social support from the people around you transforms your perception of what’s in front of you.
- It takes a team to achieve great things. Thomas Edison had a large team of inventors that worked with him – he didn’t work alone.
- Make a conscious effort to BE HAPPY. When you feel yourself getting down, recognize that feeling. Do something immediately that’s going to make you happy. Go play, do something with others.
It will make others around you happy, then you become happy which creates a great cycle and exchange of happiness.
How to Support the Podcast:
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you listen to podcasts. Please like, share, and leave a review.
- If you prefer video, you can also watch and subscribe to us on YouTube. Just go to flourishacademy.tv
- If you like the content, please share with your friends by posting on social media so that we can reach and impact more people.
- If you want to purchase any of the books that we discuss, please use the link in the notes to shop on Amazon. In fact, if you shop on Amazon at all, then use our link to help support the podcast.