Discussing Your Best Year Ever by Michael Hyatt
Major Points from this Episode:
- There are two types of goals – achievement goals and habit goals.
- Achievement goals are time-based and something you want to complete or achieve
- Habit goals are changes in your daily routines or activities, and are ongoing life changes
- Risk is your friend – push yourself out of your comfort zone when defining your goals.
- Always stay connected to why you are stretching towards your goals – it keeps you going when times get challenging.
- We are not self-made, we all require help and assistance. Let your social circle support you as you reach for your goals.
- Take each step, each day one at a time. The most important factor is just starting! All you have to see is the next step in front of you.
- Review your goals quarterly. During that process, either rejoice, recommit, revise, remove or replace your goal.
- There are no bad goals, only bad time frames.
- Begin to think about your goals for next year.
- Use the SMARTER system to WRITE your goals.
- Create 7-10 goals between both achievement and habit goals.
How to Support the Podcast:
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you listen to podcasts. Please like, share, and leave a review.
- If you prefer video, you can also watch and subscribe to us on YouTube. Just go to flourishacademy.tv
- If you like the content, please share with your friends by posting on social media so that we can reach and impact more people.
- If you want to purchase any of the books that we discuss, please use the link in the notes to shop on Amazon. In fact, if you shop on Amazon at all, then use our link to help support the podcast.