Major Points from this Episode:
- Perfect conditions for decisions don’t exist. Make a decision and stick with it.
- Are you wait until something is “good enough?” Continue pushing forward without waiting for everything to be perfect.
- Do not apologize when you make a decision that isn’t in line with your goals.
- Options are always present whether you believe it or not.
- Everything is a choice (even paying your bills). There are always consequences to your choices, but everything you “have to do” is actually a choice.
- Acknowledge all your decisions whether you deem them good or bad.
- Most decisions you make are reversible at any given time.
- You are not a victim of your choices or decisions. Own your decisions and choices 100% and move forward.
- Perfectionism and procrastination make you less happy.
- Share your challenges with others and build authentic connections.
- Showing your vulnerability builds community and shows your personal growth.
- Maura’s (very vulnerable) Blog Post about not being a mom: http://picsbychicksphotography.com/why-dont-you-have-children-the-struggle-of-not-being-a-mother/
- Learning from others shortens the learning curve.
- Fulfillment happens through connection – success doesn’t happen in a vacuum.
- Write everything down – goals, experiences, dreams, desires. This helps validate and acknowledge the growth you wish to experience.
- There is power in the pen, and seeing yourself from the outside in. When you re-read what you’ve written, you become a witness to your life.
- If you’ve not started journaling yet, begin to do so but start small and be brief.
- What are your values, standards, needs and goals? Get crystal clear on these areas, then evaluate each decision you need to make against this list.
- Determine your current core values, click here to download the free worksheet.
- Get connected to other like minded individuals. Join a mastermind group.
How to Support the Podcast:
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you listen to podcasts. Please like, share, and leave a review.
- If you prefer video, you can also watch and subscribe to us on YouTube. Just go to flourishacademy.tv
- If you like the content, please share with your friends by posting on social media so that we can reach and impact more people.
- If you want to purchase any of the books that we discuss, please use the link in the notes to shop on Amazon. In fact, if you shop on Amazon at all, then use our link to help support the podcast.