Discussing Successful Women Think Differently by Valorie Burton
Major Points from this Episode:
- Pressure is put upon us when success means that you are gifted. This causes us to stay in our comfort zone rather than risking failure.
- Two mindsets exist – a growth mindset or a fixed mindset.
- To develop a growth mindset we should praise the effort made toward a task, not the outcome.
- The effort you put forth does not diminish your talent.
- People with a fixed mindset are terrified of failure – it defines who they are. But, you have a choice and you can change.
- Anyone from any background can achieve success, your genes are irrelevant because possibilities are endless.
- A growth mindset thrives on the effort you make toward achieving your goals. You will identify both your strengths and weaknesses.
- Become keenly aware of your mindset. You can read the book Mindset by Carol Dweck for a detailed look into both mindsets.
- A positive outlook can be cultivated. Be optimistic about all your experiences, as nothing very good or very bad lasts for very long.
- Excuses are lies. Limit the amount of excuses you give for the areas in your life in which you struggle.
- Hope is the foundation to overcoming any obstacle you face.
- Think about 3 failures that you’ve been through. Determine how you can reframe those failures. What did you learn from those experiences? How have you changed? Did the failure you propel you forward?
How to Support the Podcast:
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you listen to podcasts. Please like, share, and leave a review.
- If you prefer video, you can also watch and subscribe to us on YouTube. Just go to flourishacademy.tv
- If you like the content, please share with your friends by posting on social media so that we can reach and impact more people.
- If you want to purchase any of the books that we discuss, please use the link in the notes to shop on Amazon. In fact, if you shop on Amazon at all, then use our link to help support the podcast.
Connect with Us:
Heather Lahtinen: Website, Facebook, Instagram
Maura Chick: Website, Facebook, Instagram