Discussing Successful Women Think Differently by Valorie Burton
Major Points from this Episode:
- Stop trying to fix your weaknesses.
- Begin to change your inner dialogue from weakness based to strength based.
- Pursue your strengths and outsource your weaknesses.
- You are energized and elevated when using your strengths.
- Maura’s Strengths: Empathetic nature, relatablility
- Heather’s Strengths: Speaking and teaching, diversity in learning abilities.
- Go to AuthenticHappiness.com to complete a strengths finder questionnaire.
- Approach everything you do with positivity and enthusiasm.
- We are not alone in this journey toward fulfillment.
- Engage your strengths to overcome your weaknesses, and never beat yourself up for what you don’t accomplish.
- You have more strengths than weaknesses.
- Think about a time that challenged you. Write about what strength and courage you had to muster up to get thru these moments.
- Ask a few friends or colleagues what strengths they see in you. Journal about those things until you see them in yourself.
- Visit AuthenticHappiness.com to complete the strengths finder.
How to Support the Podcast:
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you listen to podcasts. Please like, share, and leave a review.
- If you prefer video, you can also watch and subscribe to us on YouTube. Just go to flourishacademy.tv
- If you like the content, please share with your friends by posting on social media so that we can reach and impact more people.
- If you want to purchase any of the books that we discuss, please use the link in the notes to shop on Amazon. In fact, if you shop on Amazon at all, then use our link to help support the podcast.
Connect with Us:
Heather Lahtinen: Website, Facebook, Instagram
Maura Chick: Website, Facebook, Instagram Facebook
I started listening to your podcasts a few weeks ago and love them! Yes, I love the idea of you reading the books for me, not because I don’t enjoy reading, but because it is difficult to finish books I start… a poor excuse I know and Heather will call that a ‘lie’, but for now it is my reality 🙂
What I really wanted you to know is how you two have positively impacted my life over the past few weeks. The past year has been a struggle with the passing of both my parents and one month after my mother passing, I ended up in ICU and learning shortly after that I had a serious illness. Although that was challenging, what was really challenging is that this all happened during my first year a principal of an elementary school, ultimately affecting my certification as a principal. I’m starting the process over this year and that has been a bit challenging. First, returning back to work after six months of not working (I have fully recovered from the illness) and then having to repeat my principal training for certification. During those times when I was feeling challenged, frustrated, and yes, sorry for myself, I found listening to your podcasts very helpful and often felt as though you were talking to me… I love the way you two compliment each other’s personalities and how you compliment each other 🙂 Thank you so much for the work you do.
On a different note, you frequently mention how you don’t get paid for this work you do and I think offering it free is great! However, have you thought about approaching the authors whose books you read and share about having them support your work in some way? I know I have bought two books since listening to you (and am attempting to read them each day as suggested!)…. Just thinking 🙂
Thank you so much for your comment, Lena! We are very sorry to hear of the passing of your parents, what a challenging time for you. Thank goodness you have fully recovered from your illness. We think that your idea about contacting the authors is FANTASTIC. We are definitely going to pursue this, thank you so much for listening! Continue to Flourish!