Discussing Big Potential by Shawn Achor
Major Points from this Episode:
- Think about this – punishment in prison is isolation. It’s the worst thing they could do to an inmate, so why do we think we can do it alone?
- Find people of high influence that build your potential.
- When you surround yourself with people who don’t want to grow, you end up isolating yourself because you want to expand your possibilities and they want to stay the same.
- The positive influences in your life should outweigh the negative influences.
- Always remember you become the 5 people you spend the most time with.
- Your social group should be diverse with a group of pillars, bridges and extenders.
- Be a connector of others to eliminate isolation. Provide mutually beneficial relationships and be authentic with those around you.
- Tackle loneliness this week. Reach out to people that you want to connect with. You have a choice in being alone.
- Think about the 5 people you spend the most time with, write them down, and do an evaluation as to whether they are positive or negative influences.
How to Support the Podcast:
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you listen to podcasts. Please like, share, and leave a review.
- If you prefer video, you can also watch and subscribe to us on YouTube. Just go to flourishacademy.tv
- If you like the content, please share with your friends by posting on social media so that we can reach and impact more people.
- If you want to purchase any of the books that we discuss, please use the link in the notes to shop on Amazon. In fact, if you shop on Amazon at all, then use our link to help support the podcast.