Discussing Big Potential by Shawn Achor
Major Points from this Episode:
- You can create change wherever you are with anyone you encounter.
- Use progress to tap into your big potential. Celebrate the journey and the small wins along the way instead of just when you reach the mountain top.
- We have to find meaning in our current situation – you have the power to find meaning even in the small interactions you have with others.
- Work to enhance the mood of the people you encounter – don’t hold back the praise you give to others. Recognize others for their contributions, big or small.
- Don’t strive to be better than someone else because you will fall short of your personal goals.
- Don’t undercut others to build yourself up.
- Actively look for praise and you will find more to praise. More positivity will open up to you.
- Every day for one week pick one person to praise. Call, text or email that person 3 times that day to give them some praise. Make sure they accept the praise and say “thank you!”
How to Support the Podcast:
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you listen to podcasts. Please like, share, and leave a review.
- If you prefer video, you can also watch and subscribe to us on YouTube. Just go to flourishacademy.tv
- If you like the content, please share with your friends by posting on social media so that we can reach and impact more people.
- If you want to purchase any of the books that we discuss, please use the link in the notes to shop on Amazon. In fact, if you shop on Amazon at all, then use our link to help support the podcast.