Discussing Big Potential by Shawn Achor
Major Points from this Episode:
- Unhappiness is a sign that an evaluation needs to take place on your life. Unhappiness can point you to something that’s not working for you.
- Opposite of joy is not sadness, it’s apathy. Fight out of an apathetic state and reclaim your joy.
- Don’t expect others to spark your joy, only you have the power to do that.
- Don’t let the negative opinions or stress of others affect your mood.
- A positive and engaged brain is the biggest advantage.
- Visualization can dramatically increase your momentum. Your brain will point you in the direction of those visualizations, so make them detailed, bold and vivid. Best yet, write it down!
- Start to imagine your best possible self. Write down who that person is and how to become them.
- Practice gratitude daily so that you can begin to locate the joy that surrounds you. Each day this week, write down 3 things you are grateful for.
How to Support the Podcast:
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you listen to podcasts. Please like, share, and leave a review.
- If you prefer video, you can also watch and subscribe to us on YouTube. Just go to flourishacademy.tv
- If you like the content, please share with your friends by posting on social media so that we can reach and impact more people.
- If you want to purchase any of the books that we discuss, please use the link in the notes to shop on Amazon. In fact, if you shop on Amazon at all, then use our link to help support the podcast.