Discussing The Power of Moments by Chip and Dan Heath
Major Points from this Episode:
- Experiences are evaluated based on the peaks and pits – the best or worst moments.
- When experiencing peaks:
- Powerful moments elevate us to rise above everyday routines.
- During these moments we gain incredible insight of ourselves, which can lead to AHA moments.
- We feel immense pride during these moments, as we are often captured at our best times.
- Connection is strengthened when moments are shared with others.
- Pits are trying moments of life (dealing with negative feedback or loss of a loved one) that test your resolve.
- Our focus should be on building peaks. The first step of building a peak moment is to fill the pit, then begin the peak.
- Always be remarkable.
- Elevate moments by boosting sensory appeal, raising the stakes, or breaking the script.
- Immediately identify memorable moments when someone pulls out their camera.
- Brainstorm ways that you can make memorable moments for your clients and loved ones.
How to Support the Podcast:
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you listen to podcasts. Please like, share, and leave a review.
- If you prefer video, you can also watch and subscribe to us on YouTube. Just go to flourishacademy.tv
- If you like the content, please share with your friends by posting on social media so that we can reach and impact more people.
- If you want to purchase any of the books that we discuss, please use the link in the notes to shop on Amazon. In fact, if you shop on Amazon at all, then use our link to help support the podcast.
Connect with Us:
Heather Lahtinen: Website, Facebook, Instagram
Maura Chick: Website, Facebook, Instagram