Discussing The Power of Moments by Chip & Dan Heath
Major Points from this Episode:
- When we trip over the truth of a problem, it focuses the brain on the struggle.
- If you can dramatize a problem, you immediately encourage others to focus on a solution.
- You will never be able to appreciate the truth if you can’t appreciate the problem.
- Dreaming compels you into action.
- Study your behavior instead of your thoughts to gain insight. Insight does not lead to action; action leads to insight.
- Mentors should push you. A mentee should be able to stretch.
- High standards and reassurance make for a great mentor.
- Complete the dream exercise we discussed. Answer the following: In 3-5 years, I still want my [students, family, clients] to know ____. They still remember _____. They still find value in _____.
- Answer this for every area of your life and think about how you can make moments align with this dream.
How to Support the Podcast:
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you listen to podcasts. Please like, share, and leave a review.
- If you prefer video, you can also watch and subscribe to us on YouTube. Just go to flourishacademy.tv
- If you like the content, please share with your friends by posting on social media so that we can reach and impact more people.
- If you want to purchase any of the books that we discuss, please use the link in the notes to shop on Amazon. In fact, if you shop on Amazon at all, then use our link to help support the podcast.