Discussing The Power of Moments by Chip & Dan Heath
Major Points from this Episode:
- Exposing yourself to the things you fear helps you begin to overcome the feelings of fear.
- During emotional situations we are not able to respond appropriately to any situation we encounter. Creating pre-loaded responses helps you engage others during these moments.
- Courage is contagious, as it encourages similar responses in others.
- Laughter should be your social sonar. This ensures everyone is on the same wave length when creating social connection.
- Purpose and passion are two very different aspects of your life and business. Others can connect with your purpose but not your passion.
- Your purpose is not necessarily discovered, it is cultivated.
- Your passion is something unique to you.
- Sometimes in life we have to create the moments, so ask yourself, “Did I do something that mattered today?”
- What’s the thing you fear the most? Practice some exposure therapy by 1) naming the thing you are afraid to do; 2) determine an action you can take toward overcoming that fear; 3) share it with us, as that makes it real.
How to Support the Podcast:
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you listen to podcasts. Please like, share, and leave a review.
- If you prefer video, you can also watch and subscribe to us on YouTube. Just go to flourishacademy.tv
- If you like the content, please share with your friends by posting on social media so that we can reach and impact more people.
- If you want to purchase any of the books that we discuss, please use the link in the notes to shop on Amazon. In fact, if you shop on Amazon at all, then use our link to help support the podcast.